Hidden Hollow Swim Team is excited to welcome back Head Coach Michele Burke-Huyette for a second season. Michele has an extensive background and will bring great enthusiasm and experience! The Hammerhead Swim Team works to build strength in technique in all 4 strokes. Coach Michele will inspire confidence and teamwork all while having fun.
Hidden Hollow Hammerheads has a long tradition of providing a competitive environment while keeping that fun summer feeling. Swimmers and Coaches have a blast while learning to SWIM FAST!
Visit the Hidden Hollow Swim Team website to learn more about the team.
- Must be a member if Hidden Hollow Swim Club.
- One parent of each swim team member must also be a member of the club. Ensures swim league eligibility.
- The child should be able to swim one length of the pool without stopping, freestyle and/or backstroke.
- Must be between 6 and 18 years of age.
New members are welcome at pre-season practice sessions. See Practice Schedule.
Meet our Hidden Hollow Coaches
Head Coach Michele Burke-Huyette
Coach Michele Burke-Huyette comes to Hidden Hollow from Miami, Florida. Coach Michele has an extensive background in coaching and competitive swimming. As an age-group swimmer, Coach Michele was ranked top 10 in the nation and held several state records. Her age-group team won YMCA Nationals while she was awarded a silver medal in the 200IM. Coach Michele continued the sport she loves as a Masters swimmer where she was ranked top three in the world by FINA, is a multiple All-American and a USMS National Champion. Coach Michele was an assistant coach in South Florida, where she worked with age group swimmers on technique, team building and goal setting. Her coaching philosophy is one of encouragement, hard work and most of all fun! Coach Michele is a retired firefighter rising to the rank of Fire Lieutenant and began her career in public service as an Ocean Lifeguard in Florida. Along with coaching swimming in the summer Coach Michele is a teacher at Drexel University during the rest of the year. Her favorite things to do outside of the pool deck include spending time with her family and wonder dog, traveling and cooking.
Assistant Coach Matt Hoke
Matt Hoke is in his tenth season coaching at Hidden Hollow. Hoke graduated in 2004 from Widener University with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. He swam 4 years at Widener. Hoke was a 3-time individual conference champion in the breaststroke events and a former school record holder in both the 100 and 200. He was also a member of Widener’s 200 and 400 medley relay teams, which combined to win 5 Middle Atlantic Conference titles. His previous coaching experience includes 9 years at the collegiate level as an assistant coach at Widener University and 2 years coaching age group swimmers at the Lansdowne YMCA. Along with coaching, he currently works as a nurse. He enjoys playing guitar and spending time with his wife and 3 children.
Assistant Coach Mary Kate
Coach Marykate Boylan has been competitively swimming for 7 years. Currently, she attends Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania and is currently a junior there. While pursuing a degree in interpersonal communications, she also swims for the Division II swim team. Her greatest accomplishment this year is qualifying for Nationals with her 400 freestyle relay. Along with swimming, her favorite hobby is crossfit. Marykate was a coach last year and is very excited to continue coaching for Hidden Hollow.
Assistant Coach Michael Paul
Michael Paul was a member of the Hidden Hollow swim team for 13 years and is also currently a lifeguard at Hidden Hollow. He swam for Penncrest High School for 4 years and went to the district meet all 4 years and made the state championships in his senior year in the 200 free. He was also a member of the Suburban Seahawks Club for 7 years. He currently attends the University of Maryland and is pursuing a degree in aerospace engineering while also being a part of the club swim team. He has taught swim lessons at Hidden Hollow for the past 5 years. He has worked closely with the swim team while being a lifeguard and is excited to start his coaching career with Hidden Hollow.
Dive Coach Jim Rightley
Registration & Team Suits
Hidden Hollow participates in the Suburban Swim League. Registration for the swim team must be done by following the link below. Registration can not be done at Linvilla Orchards or at the Swim Club Office. Swim Team Members MUST be a current club member to be on the team.
To order your team suits please follow the link below. If you are unsure of your child's size, we will have suits available to try on at practice on June 4 - 7. Then you may order via the link below.
Our AMAZING Spiritwear Moms did it again! Check our the COOL Hidden Hollow Gear! All orders are online. First order ends June 7!
All swim team participants MUST sign a release waiver to swim at Springton Lake. Please Download and bring it to the first practice.
Springton Lake Middle School
1900 N. Providence Road
Media PA 19063
Springton Lake Practice
- May 29 - June 8
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm - Swim Team
- Mondays & Wednesday - ages 11 & older
- Tuesday & Thursday - ages 10 & under
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Diving Team
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday ages 11 & older
- Tuesday & Thursday ages 10 & under
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm - Swim Team
Hidden Hollow Swim Club Practice
- Beginning June 11
Swim Meet Schedule
Hidden Hollow Swim & Dive Teams compete in the Suburban Swim League.
Swim Meet Schedule
Meets start at 6pm.
- June 20 - Away meet at Aronimink Swim Club
- June 25 - Away meet at Rose Valley Swim Club
- July 3 - Home meet vs Atlantic Coast Athletic Club
- July 11 - Home meet vs Swarthmore Swim Club
- July 18 - Away meet at Plymouth Swim Club
- July 21 - Divisional Championships
- July 23 - Free Championships at Ply-Mar Swim Club
- July 25 - IM Championships at Hidden Hollow Swim Club
- July 28 - A Championships at Wallingford Swim Club
- August 1 - Elite Meet at East Whiteland Swim Club
HHSC Diving Team Schedule
Hidden Hollow Swim & Dive Team compete in the Suburban Swim League
We welcome back Coach Brittany! Brittany dove for Mary Schlegel for many years. She is a student at West Chester University and will bring great enthusiasm to our team.
Dive Meet Schedule
Wednesday night meets: Warm ups at 3pm with a meet start of 3:30pm
All other night meets: Warm ups at 5:30pm with a meet start of 6pm.
- Thursday June 21 Home meet vs Wallingford Swim Club
- Monday June 25 Away meet vs Rose Valley Swim Club
- Monday July 2 Away meet vs Pennypacker Country Club
- Monday July 9 Home meet vs Martins Dam Swim Club
- Wednesday July 11 Home meet vs Swarthmore Swim Club
- Monday July 16 Away meet vs St. Albans Swim Club
- Tuesday July 24 at Martins Dam Swim Club.
- Thursday July 26 at Rose Tree Woods
- Diving Invitationals at Hidden Hollow
June 23June 24th