What to know
Natural Wood Mulch
Natural Wood Mulch $26.00
- Made at Linvilla from shredded local trimming
- Triple ground all natural with a pinch of Mushroom Soil (undyed)
- The added Mushroom Soil reduces the artillery fungus often found in Natural Mulch
- Linvilla’s mulch is better than the typical mulch because our trimmings have heartwood and bark which leaves more nutrients in the soil beneath it
- Will break down into a rich layer of compost in about one year
- Recommended for weed prevention in garden pathways
- Undyed and triple ground- all natural with a pinch of Mushroom Soil. Helpful hint: 1 cubic yard of mulch covers approximately 100 sq ft. if spreading 3" deep or 150 sq ft. if spreading 2" deep.
Bagged Mulch $5.99/ 2cu.ft.
- Shredded Hardwood
- Brown Mulch
- Black Mulch
- Red Mulch
- Aromatic Cedar Mulch
- Pine Bark Nuggets
- Pine Bark Mulch
Specialty Bagged Mulch
Mini Nuggets - $5.99/ 2 cu. ft
Linvilla's Topsoil- $30/yd (plus $50 delivery and tax)
Screened topsoil recovered from various Linvilla farm projects.
Best uses: This is great soil for filling and grading projects
Bagged Topsoil- $3.99/ 40lb. bag
Bagged Potting Mix
Espoma Organic Potting Mix
- $4.99/ 4qt.
- $6.99/ 8qt.
- $11.99/ 1ct. ft.
- $16.99/ 2 cu. ft.
Espoma Vegetable and Flower: $9.99/1 cu. ft.
Espoma Raised Bed: $12.99/1.5 cu. ft.
Miracle Gro Potting Soil
- $6.99/ 8qt.
- $11.99/ 16qt.
- $19.99/ 2cu. ft.
Miracle Gro Performance Container Mix
$14.99/ 1cu. ft.
Miracle Gro Potting Mix: $12.99/1cu.ft.
Miracle Gro All Purpose In-Ground: $9.99/.75cu.ft.
Miracle Gro ORGANIC: $7.99/6qt.
Harvest Organic Flower and Vegetable: $12.99/1.5cu.ft.
Top Soil: $3.99/40lb.
Garden Soil- $38/yd. (plus delivery and tax)
Screened 50/50 blend of Linvilla's topsoil and Linvilla's compost.
Best uses: Fill empty raised beds, pots and planters with our garden soil for all of the benefits of compost-enriched new soil
Miracle Gro Performance Organic In-Ground Soil: $12.99/ 1.3cu.ft.
Miracle Gro All Purpose Garden Soil: $12.99/2cu.ft.
Miracle Gro Raised Bed Soil: $12.99/1.5cu.ft.
Harvest Organic Raised Bed Soil- $12.99/ 2cu. ft.
Mushroom Soil - Limited Quantity
- $30/yard unscreened (plus delivery and tax)
- $38/yard screened (plus delivery and tax)
Our Mushroom soil is brought in from Mushroom farms in Kennett. We turn and aerate the soil to prepare it for our farm fields. Adding the rich nutrients into the soil aids in healthier plants.
Compost & Amendments
Linvilla's Compost- $40.00/ yard (plus delivery and tax)
Screened compost made at Linvilla with our own compost and with the compost from Kitchen Harvest’s compost collection services. Mix this compost into your existing garden soil. Sow grass or plant seeds directly into compost for great germination and top dress beds or lawns with compost for healthy plant growth.
- Improves soil drainage
- Adds soil porosity for stronger plant roots
- Multiplies soil micro-organisms
- Makes soil nutrients more readily available to plants
Composted Manure- $5.99/ 40 lb.
Dehydrated Manure & Compost- $5.99/ 1 cu. ft.
Leafgro Soil Conditioner- $6.99/ 1.5 cu. ft.
Peat Moss- $12.99/2.2 cu. ft.
Espoma Land and Sea Compost- $12.99/1 cu. ft.
Warm up those cold nights with a cozy fire!
Linvilla’s firewood is locally-harvested, mixed hardwood. The wood is split and seasoned for one year before it is ready for sale. Firewood is sold in these quantities for pick up:
Bundles - $7.99 (0.75 cubic feet)
Wrapped, easy to carry and enough for a small fire.
Shopping Cart - $19.99 (4.5 cubic feet)
The right amount for a fire or two in a fireplace or outdoor fire pit.
Bin - $64.99 (26 cubic feet)
Perhaps a season’s worth of wood for your fireplace. You’ll need a SUV or truck to take home this amount of wood.
For families who use their fireplaces frequently or heat their home with a wood stove, we offer half-cords and full cords of firewood:
Half-Cord - $150.00 (64 cubic feet)
Cord - $279.00 (128 cubic feet)
Delivery is only available for half-cord and cord volumes. Delivery fee is $50 within a five mile radius - an additional $5.00 per mile over 5 miles
Delivery to Philadelphia: Minimum charge is $100.00
The best way to get that authentic smoky flavor!
Linvilla is a great source for a large variety of woods used for cooking food. This wood is used in barbecue smokers, grills and a range of solid fuel cooking systems that have become increasingly popular in the restaurant trade. Chefs that cook over wood know that using different varieties of wood for smoking or grilling imparts meats, seafood, fruits and vegetables with distinctive and mouthwatering aromas.
You'll find useful information on what types of wood to pair with different foods here.
Bushel boxes $21.99 (approx. 1.24 cubic feet)
Our smokewood is harvested from the orchards and native woodlands on the farm. We cut these varieties into convenient-sized chunks and sell them in crates for the home smoker.
Varieties of Crated Smokewoods
Our most popular smoke woods – apple, cherry, maple, oak, peach and hickory, along with chestnut, mulberry and pear when available – are also sold as small rounds or split logs, sized for commercial smokers and restaurant grills and ovens.
Our selection of crated fruit woods and hardwoods varies depending on availability, but often includes:
Apple • Apricot • Beech • Cherry • Chestnut • Hican • Hickory • Grapevine • Maple • Mulberry • Oak • Peach • Pear • Pecan • Plum • Sassafras • Walnut
We also offer our own special smokewood blends, depending on the season:
- Bad to the Bone Blend (Hickory, Oak and Walnut)
- Christmas Blend (Apricot, Pecan and Plum)
- Frisky Brisket Blend (Cherry, Oak and Peach)
- Grilligan's Island Blend (Ash, Beech and Peach)
- Nuts about BBQ Blend (Chestnut, Hican/Hickory and Oak)
- Orchard Blend (Mixed Fruitwood)
- P. Linvill Heritage Blend (Apple, Chestnut and Peach)
- Plate Lickin' Chicken Blend (Apple, Maple and Pear)
- Porkilicious Blend (Apple, Cherry and Hickory)
- Sassy Apple! Blend (Apple, Sassafras and Spicebush)
- Thanksgiving Blend (Maple, Pear and Pecan)
Try a new variety of smokewood. It will only burnish your reputation as a pit master!
Shopping Carts, Bins & Cords
logs or large splits
- Shopping Cart - $27.99 (4.5 cubic feet)
- Bin - $79.99 (26 cubic feet)
- Cord - $339.00 (128 cubic feet) pick up. Delivery available at an additional charge.
Select Wood Chips -1/2 bushel boxes
$12.99 (0.62 cubic feet) - call for availability.
Linvilla Orchards is a proud member of the Mid-Atlantic Barbecue Association
Get Creative with Smoking Foods
Go on a tasty adventure and explore the culinary possibilities of smoked foods! Click on each topic below to read more.
- The Basics of Barbeque
- Smoking Seafood
- Smoking Vegetables
- Smoking Fruit
- Go Beyond Briskets and Butts
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Appetizers and More
- Vegan Barbeque
You'll find useful information on what types of smokewood to pair with different foods here.
You’ll find useful information on what types of wood to pair with different foods here.
Bulk Delivery Options
Compost & Soils
Compost, Topsoil, Garden Soil and Mushroom Soil are sold in bulk by the cubic yard. One delivery is up to 5 yards. It is possible to put two types of soil products on the truck for one delivery but we cannot guarantee them staying completely separate. If you require them staying separate, please arrange for two deliveries.
Mulch deliveries are sold by bulk by the cubic yard. One delivery is up to 7 yards. (depending how wet the mulch is)
Delivery is available in cord and half-cord volumes only. All other quantities must be picked up.
- $50.00 within 5-mile radius, then $5.00 per mile over 5 miles
- Delivery to Philadelphia: Minimum charge is $100.00