What to know
Please call in advance for any bulk orders 610-876-7116.
Warm up those cold nights with a cozy fire!
Linvilla’s firewood is locally-harvested, mixed hardwood. The wood is split and seasoned for one year before it is ready for sale. Firewood is sold in these quantities for pick up:
Bundles - $7.99 (0.75 cubic feet)
Wrapped, easy to carry and enough for a small fire.
Shopping Cart - $24.99 (4.5 cubic feet)
The right amount for a fire or two in a fireplace or outdoor fire pit.
Bin - $74.99 (26 cubic feet)
Perhaps a season’s worth of wood for your fireplace. You’ll need a SUV or truck to take home this amount of wood.
For families who use their fireplaces frequently or heat their home with a wood stove, we offer full cords of firewood
Cord - $299.00 (128 cubic feet) Cords of Firewood are temporarily unavailable.
Delivery is only available for full cords and is currently unavailable. Delivery fee is $50 within a five-mile radius - an additional $5 per mile over 5 miles.
Delivery to Philadelphia: Minimum charge is $100.
New to barbeque? Attend Barbeque U. Classes begin April 2nd: https://www.linvilla.com/family-fun/classes
The best way to get that authentic smoky flavor!
Linvilla is a great source for a large variety of woods used for cooking food. This wood is used in barbecue smokers, grills and a range of solid fuel cooking systems that have become increasingly popular in the restaurant trade. Using different varieties of wood for smoking or grilling imparts your meats, seafood, fruits and vegetables with distinctive – and mouthwatering – flavors. Chefs that cook over wood know that Linvilla has an unrivaled selection. We harvest smokewood from the orchards and native woodlands on the farm, so it’s locally and sustainably sourced.
Because smokers and grills come in different sizes, we provide smokewood in different sizes:
- Woodchips – Add smoke to your grilling with smokewood chips. When available, we offer these in half-bushel boxes.
- Chunks – Use these for flavor when your smoker uses propane or charcoal for fuel. Chunks are sold in half-bushel boxes.
- Small splits – Use these when your smoker uses wood for fuel and flavor. Many residential smokers have a smaller fire box and so require smaller pieces of wood. Small splits are sold in bushel-sized crates.
- Larger split logs – Our many commercial clients with larger smokers buy bulk quantities of larger wood. Large splits are sold by the shopping cart or bin.
Not all wood varieties are available in all sizes.
We conveniently sell wood in different quantities:
- Half-bushel box of wood chips - (0.62 cubic feet) - $14.99
- Half-bushel box of chunks - (0.62 cubic feet) - $21.99
- Bushel crate of small splits (1.24 cubic feet) - $24.99
- Shopping cart - pick from bins (4.5 cubic feet) - $34.99
- Bin of logs or large splits (26 cubic feet) - $89.99
- Cord - $379.99 (128 cubic feet) for pick up. Delivery available at an additional charge.
Consult our Smokewood Flavor Profiles flyer for assistance in matching wood to your desired taste.
Varieties of Smokewood
Our most popular smoke woods – apple, cherry, maple, oak, peach and hickory, along with chestnut, mulberry, and pear when available – are sold as large splits, sized for commercial smokers and restaurant grills and ovens.
Our selection of crated fruit woods and hardwoods varies depending on availability, but often includes even greater variety:
Apple • Apricot • Beech • Cherry • Chestnut • Hican • Hickory • Grapevine • Maple • Mulberry • Oak • Peach • Pear • Pecan • Plum • Sassafras • Walnut
We also offer our own specially developed smokewood blends, depending on the season:
- Bad to the Bone Blend (hickory, oak and walnut)
- Christmas Blend (apricot, pecan and plum)
- Frisky Brisket Blend (cherry, oak and peach)
- Grilligan's Island Blend (ash, beech and peach)
- Nuts about BBQ Blend (chestnut, hican/hickory and oak)
- Orchard Blend (mixed fruitwood)
- P. Linvill Heritage Blend (apple, chestnut and peach)
- Plate Lickin' Chicken Blend (apple, maple and pear)
- Porkilicious Blend (apple, cherry and hickory)
- Sassy Apple! Blend (apple, sassafras and spicebush)
- Thanksgiving Blend (maple, pear and pecan)
Try a new variety of smokewood. It will only burnish your reputation as a pit master!
Linvilla Orchards is a proud member of the Mid-Atlantic Barbecue Association
Creative Smoking and Barbequing
Get Creative with Smoking Foods
Go on a tasty adventure and explore the culinary possibilities of smoked foods! Click on each topic below to read more.
- The Basics of Barbeque
- Smoking Seafood
- Smoking Vegetables
- Smoking Fruits
- Go Beyond Briskets and Butts
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Appetizers and More
- Vegan Barbeque
You’ll find useful information on what types of wood to pair with different foods here.