What to know
Natural Wood Mulch
Natural Wood Mulch $26.00
- Made at Linvilla from shredded local trimming
- Triple ground all natural with a pinch of Mushroom Soil (undyed)
- The added Mushroom Soil reduces the artillery fungus often found in Natural Mulch
- Linvilla’s mulch is better than the typical mulch because our trimmings have heartwood and bark which leaves more nutrients in the soil beneath it
- Will break down into a rich layer of compost in about one year
- Recommended for weed prevention in garden pathways
- Undyed and triple ground- all natural with a pinch of Mushroom Soil. Helpful hint: 1 cubic yard of mulch covers approximately 100 sq ft. if spreading 3" deep or 150 sq ft. if spreading 2" deep.
Bagged Mulch $5.99/ 2cu.ft.
- Shredded Hardwood
- Brown Mulch
- Black Mulch - Sold Out
- Red Mulch
- Aromatic Cedar Mulch
- Pine Bark Nuggets
- Pine Bark Mulch
Specialty Bagged Mulch
Mini Nuggets - $5.99/ 2 cu. ft
Linvilla's Topsoil- $30/yd (plus $50 delivery and tax)
Screened topsoil recovered from various Linvilla farm projects.
Best uses: This is great soil for filling and grading projects
Bagged Topsoil- $3.99/ 40lb. bag
Bagged Potting Mix
Espoma Organic Potting Mix
- $4.99/ 4qt.
- $6.99/ 8qt.
- $11.99/ 1ct. ft.
- $16.99/ 2 cu. ft. - Sold Out
Espoma Vegetable and Flower: $9.99/1 cu. ft.
Espoma Raised Bed: $12.99/1.5 cu. ft. - Sold Out
Miracle Gro Potting Soil
- $6.99/ 8qt.
- $11.99/ 16qt.
- $19.99/ 2cu. ft.
Miracle Gro Performance Container Mix
$14.99/ 1cu. ft.
Miracle Gro Potting Mix: $12.99/1cu.ft.
Miracle Gro All Purpose In-Ground: $9.99/.75cu.ft.
Miracle Gro ORGANIC: $7.99/6qt.
Harvest Organic Flower and Vegetable: $12.99/1.5cu.ft.
Top Soil: $3.99/40lb.
Garden Soil- $38/yd. (plus delivery and tax)
Screened 50/50 blend of Linvilla's topsoil and Linvilla's compost.
Best uses: Fill empty raised beds, pots and planters with our garden soil for all of the benefits of compost-enriched new soil
Miracle Gro Performance Organic In-Ground Soil: $12.99/ 1.3cu.ft.
Miracle Gro All Purpose Garden Soil: $12.99/2cu.ft.
Miracle Gro Raised Bed Soil: $12.99/1.5cu.ft. - Sold Out
Harvest Organic Raised Bed Soil- $12.99/ 2cu. ft.
Mushroom Soil - Limited Quantity
- $30/yard unscreened (plus delivery and tax)
- $38/yard screened (plus delivery and tax)
Our Mushroom soil is brought in from Mushroom farms in Kennett. We turn and aerate the soil to prepare it for our farm fields. Adding the rich nutrients into the soil aids in healthier plants.
Compost & Amendments
Linvilla's Compost- $40.00/ yard (plus delivery and tax)
Screened compost made at Linvilla with our own compost and with the compost from Kitchen Harvest’s compost collection services. Mix this compost into your existing garden soil. Sow grass or plant seeds directly into compost for great germination and top dress beds or lawns with compost for healthy plant growth.
- Improves soil drainage
- Adds soil porosity for stronger plant roots
- Multiplies soil micro-organisms
- Makes soil nutrients more readily available to plants
Composted Manure- $5.99/ 40 lb.
Dehydrated Manure & Compost- $5.99/ 1 cu. ft.
Leafgro Soil Conditioner- $6.99/ 1.5 cu. ft.
Peat Moss- $12.99/2.2 cu. ft.
Espoma Land and Sea Compost- $12.99/1 cu. ft.
Warm up those cold nights with a cozy fire!
Linvilla’s firewood is locally-harvested, mixed hardwood. The wood is split and seasoned for one year before it is ready for sale. Firewood is sold in these quantities for pick up:
Bundles - $7.99 (0.75 cubic feet)
Wrapped, easy to carry and enough for a small fire.
Shopping Cart - $24.99 (4.5 cubic feet)
The right amount for a fire or two in a fireplace or outdoor fire pit.
Bin - $74.99 (26 cubic feet)
Perhaps a season’s worth of wood for your fireplace. You’ll need a SUV or truck to take home this amount of wood.
For families who use their fireplaces frequently or heat their home with a wood stove, we offer full cords of firewood:
Cord - $299.00 (128 cubic feet)
Delivery is only available for full cords. Delivery fee is $50 within a five mile radius - an additional $5 per mile over 5 miles
Delivery to Philadelphia: Minimum charge is $100.
The best way to get that authentic smoky flavor!
Linvilla is a great source for a large variety of woods used for cooking food. This wood is used in barbecue smokers, grills and a range of solid fuel cooking systems that have become increasingly popular in the restaurant trade. Using different varieties of wood for smoking or grilling imparts your meats, seafood, fruits and vegetables with distinctive – and mouthwatering – flavors. Chefs that cook over wood know that Linvilla has an unrivaled selection. We harvest smokewood from the orchards and native woodlands on the farm, so it’s locally and sustainably sourced.
Because smokers and grills come in different sizes, we provide smokewood in different sizes:
- Chips – Add smoke to your grilling with wood chips. When available, we offer these in half-bushel boxes.
- Chunks – Use these for flavor when your smoker uses propane or charcoal for fuel. Chunks are sold in bushel-sized crates.
- Small splits – Use these when your smoker uses wood for fuel and flavor. Many residential smokers have a smaller fire box and so require smaller pieces of wood. Small splits are sold in bushel-sized crates.
- Larger split logs – Our many commercial clients buy bulk quantities of larger wood. Large splits are sold by the shopping cart or bin.
Not all wood varieties are available in all sizes.
We conveniently sell wood in different quantities:
- Half-bushel box - wood chips only - (0.62 cubic feet) - $12.99
- Bushel crate (1.24 cubic feet) - $24.99
- Shopping cart (4.5 cubic feet) - $34.99
- Bin (26 cubic feet) - $89.99
- Cord - $379.99 (128 cubic feet) for pick up. Delivery available at an additional charge.
Consult our Smokewood Flavor Profiles flyer for assistance in matching wood to your desired taste.
Varieties of Smokewood
Our most popular smoke woods – apple, cherry, maple, oak, peach and hickory, along with chestnut, mulberry, and pear when available – are sold as large splits, sized for commercial smokers and restaurant grills and ovens.
Our selection of crated fruit woods and hardwoods varies depending on availability, but often includes even greater variety:
Apple • Apricot • Beech • Cherry • Chestnut • Hican • Hickory • Grapevine • Maple • Mulberry • Oak • Peach • Pear • Pecan • Plum • Sassafras • Walnut
We also offer our own specially developed smokewood blends, depending on the season:
- Bad to the Bone Blend (hickory, oak and walnut)
- Christmas Blend (apricot, pecan and plum)
- Frisky Brisket Blend (cherry, oak and peach)
- Grilligan's Island Blend (ash, beech and peach)
- Nuts about BBQ Blend (chestnut, hican/hickory and oak)
- Orchard Blend (mixed fruitwood)
- P. Linvill Heritage Blend (apple, chestnut and peach)
- Plate Lickin' Chicken Blend (apple, maple and pear)
- Porkilicious Blend (apple, cherry and hickory)
- Sassy Apple! Blend (apple, sassafras and spicebush)
- Thanksgiving Blend (maple, pear and pecan)
Try a new variety of smokewood. It will only burnish your reputation as a pit master!
Linvilla Orchards is a proud member of the Mid-Atlantic Barbecue Association
Get Creative with Smoking Foods
Go on a tasty adventure and explore the culinary possibilities of smoked foods! Click on each topic below to read more.
- The Basics of Barbeque
- Smoking Seafood
- Smoking Vegetables
- Smoking Fruits
- Go Beyond Briskets and Butts
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Appetizers and More
- Vegan Barbeque
You’ll find useful information on what types of wood to pair with different foods here.
Bulk Delivery Options
Compost & Soils
Compost, Topsoil, Garden Soil and Mushroom Soil are sold in bulk by the cubic yard. One delivery is up to 5 yards. It is possible to put two types of soil products on the truck for one delivery but we cannot guarantee them staying completely separate. If you require them staying separate, please arrange for two deliveries.
Mulch deliveries are sold by bulk by the cubic yard. One delivery is up to 7 yards. (depending how wet the mulch is)
Delivery is available in cord and half-cord volumes only. All other quantities must be picked up.
- $50.00 within 5-mile radius, then $5.00 per mile over 5 miles
- Delivery to Philadelphia: Minimum charge is $100.00