What to know
Orchard Lake was constructed to provide irrigation water for some of the farm’s many crops. However, creating a fishing destination was an equally important priority. Trout fishing opened for the first time in 2004 and has been a popular activity ever since
Trout fishing continues until the water gets too warm in May when the action switches to Hybrid Striped Bass, Crappies, Bluegill and Catfish. Trout fishing resumes in the fall and continues through early November.
Fishing is available for group reservations. Click here for more details.
Orchard Lake was last stocked on October 3, 2019 with Trout.
Fishing Open 9 am - 5 pm
- March 28th & 29th
- April 5th thru April 11th
- April 13th, 18th, 19th, 25th & 26th
- May 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th
Fishing Open Daily 8 am - 7 pm (or dusk)
- May 16th thru early November
We have rods and bait available. Everyone is welcome — from experts to first-timers.
- No fishing license required
- $9.99 per fisherman ages 11 and older
- $6.99 per fisherman ages 10 and under
- $6.00 per spectator
- Fish all day; you can catch and release as long as the fish are okay
- Each fish you choose to keep is $4.99 per lb, except hybrid striped bass which are $7 per lb
- Bring your own rods or rod rentals are available for $3.99 per day
- We have plenty of bait for sale
- Parking at the pond in April & early-May. (Except during derbies)
- Fishing starts at the Pick Your Own shed from mid-May through early November.
We've witnessed excellent results with anglers landing many fish following these steps. Good luck!
- Fish on the bottom
- Use circle hooks (otherwise they swallow the hook every time)
- Rainy weather is actually the best weather for fishing — dress warmly!
Please Help Keep our Fish alive:
- · If you plan to catch and release please Handle with care!
- · Do not wipe the fish off – their slimy scales is what keeps them healthy
- · Remove hooks carefully
- · Return to the water as soon as possible.
- · The better you handle the fish, the better its chances for survival, and the better your chances of catching it again.
- · Help keep our pond clean and trash free.
- · Please use the trash receptacles provided.
Expert Fishing Derby
All are welcome at our Expert Fishing Derby which boasts the biggest fish and the biggest prizes!
Family Fun Fishing Derby
Our Family Fun Fishing Derby is for younger and novice anglers to experience the fun of our Fishing Derbies in a less competitive atmosphere.
Mother's Day Fishing
Celebrate Mother’s Day! Mothers fish for free with paid child’s admission!
Father's Day Fishing
We celebrate Father’s Day at Orchard Lake where fathers fish free (with paid child’s admission).