What to know
Reel in the fun and enjoy a day fishing at Linvilla's Orchard Lake! Orchard Lake was originally constructed to provide irrigation water for some of the farm’s many crops. However, creating a fishing destination was an equally important priority. In 2004 trout fishing opened at Orchard Lake and it has been a popular activity ever since.
Fishing is open late March thru October and is stocked regularly with Trout & Catfish. Interested in knowing when we re-stock; sign up for our email newsletter and we will notify you --to sign up see the bottom of the page.
Orchard Lake was stocked with trout Thursday October 7, 2021!
Named 2017 Best of Philly's Best Easy Fishing by Philly Magazine!
Fishing Season Hours and Events
Thank you for a great 2021 Season! We look forward to 2022. Hours coming soon.
Hours are subject to change. Please visit our Calendar of Events to verify fishing is open prior to your visit.
Fishing Prices & Guidelines
No fishing license is required to fish at Linvilla!
- $9.99 per fisherman
- Spectator Fee $6.00.
- Catch and Release.
- If you would like to keep any fish they are:
- $15.99 for fish over 2 lbs.
- $5.99 for fish under 2 lbs.
- Fishing Rods are available for rent; they are $3.99.
- Bait is available for purchase in our bait machine.
- No food will be sold at Orchard Lake.
- No refunds, exchanges or transfers permitted. All sales are final.
Onsite ticket purchase per fishermen $10.99 (limited number available at check in counter)
Onsite ticket purchase for spectators - $7.00
We've witnessed excellent results with anglers landing many fish following these steps. Good luck!
- Fish on the bottom
- Use circle hooks (otherwise they swallow the hook every time)
- Rainy weather is actually the best weather for fishing — dress warmly!
Please help keep our fish alive:
- If you plan to catch and release please Handle with care!
- Do not wipe the fish off – their slimy scales is what keeps them healthy
- Remove hooks carefully
- Return to the water as soon as possible.
- The better you handle the fish, the better its chances for survival, and the better your chances of catching it again.
- Help keep our pond clean and trash free.
- Please use the trash receptacles provided.
Expert Fishing Derby
All are welcome at our Expert Fishing Derby which boasts the biggest fish and the biggest prizes!
Family Fun Fishing Derby
Our Family Fun Fishing Derby is for younger and novice anglers to experience the fun of our Fishing Derbies in a less competitive atmosphere.
Mother's Day Fishing
Celebrate Mother’s Day! Mothers fish for free with paid child’s admission!
Father's Day Fishing
We celebrate Father’s Day at Orchard Lake where fathers fish free (with paid child’s admission).