What to know
**NEW FOR 2021**
PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
Reel in the fun and enjoy a day fishing at Linvilla's Orchard Lake! Orchard Lake was originally constructed to provide irrigation water for some of the farm’s many crops. However, creating a fishing destination was an equally important priority. In 2004 trout fishing opened at Orchard Lake and it has been a popular activity ever since.
Fishing is open late March thru October and is stocked regularly with Trout & Catfish. Interested in knowing when we re-stock; sign up for our email newsletter and we will notify you --to sign up see the bottom of the page.
Named 2017 Best of Philly's Best Easy Fishing by Philly Magazine!
2021 Fishing Season Hours and Events
- May 17 thru October
- Open Daily 8 am - 4 pm
- Park and check in at the Pick-Your-Own shed located on Linvill Rd.
Hours are subject to change. Please visit our Calendar of Events to verify fishing is open prior to your visit.
Fishing Prices & Guidelines
Let's get fishing - while still social distancing.
To continue to follow PA State Guidelines we are asking all fisherman to self social distance. We recommend one fisherman per every 6 feet; no shoulder to shoulder fishing. Families that live together are welcome to fish together.
No fishing license is required to fish at Linvilla!
- $9.99 per fisherman
- Spectator Fee $6.00.
- Catch and Release.
- If you would like to keep any fish they are:
- $15.99 for fish over 2 lbs.
- $5.99 for fish under 2 lbs.
- Fishing Rods are available for rent; they are $3.99.
- Bait is available for purchase in our bait machine.
- No food will be sold at Orchard Lake.
- No refunds, exchanges or transfers permitted. All sales are final.
We've witnessed excellent results with anglers landing many fish following these steps. Good luck!
- Fish on the bottom
- Use circle hooks (otherwise they swallow the hook every time)
- Rainy weather is actually the best weather for fishing — dress warmly!
Please help keep our fish alive:
- If you plan to catch and release please Handle with care!
- Do not wipe the fish off – their slimy scales is what keeps them healthy
- Remove hooks carefully
- Return to the water as soon as possible.
- The better you handle the fish, the better its chances for survival, and the better your chances of catching it again.
- Help keep our pond clean and trash free.
- Please use the trash receptacles provided.
Reel in the fun with your group fishing at Orchard Lake! Our lake is stocked regularly with trout, catfish & bass.
Teach a child to fish and you will create memories that will last a lifetime!
Available Late March thru August.
- $14.99 per person
- 15 person minimum
- 2 hours of fishing
- Each additional hour it is $100 per hour.
- Catch & Release.
- If you choose to keep any fish they are $4.99 per lb. except hybrid striped bass which is $7 per lb.
- Rod rental & bait included
- Instructor included for up to 15 people.
- If additional instructors are needed the cost is $50 for each additional instructor for 2 hours.
- Please note: If your group is larger than 15 people you will need an additional instructor(s) and will be charged accordingly.
- This is not a private lake rental. Orchard Lake will be open to the public during your visit.
- $25 non-refundable/non transferable deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Groups larger than 15 MUST register with us in advance.
- Children must be 7 or older and all children must be supervised.
Call (610) 876-7116 to reserve today!
Expert Fishing Derby
All are welcome at our Expert Fishing Derby which boasts the biggest fish and the biggest prizes!
Family Fun Fishing Derby
Our Family Fun Fishing Derby is for younger and novice anglers to experience the fun of our Fishing Derbies in a less competitive atmosphere.
Mother's Day Fishing
Celebrate Mother’s Day! Mothers fish for free with paid child’s admission!
Father's Day Fishing
We celebrate Father’s Day at Orchard Lake where fathers fish free (with paid child’s admission).