Hours & Guidelines
Let's get fishing - while still social distancing.
Fishing at Orchard Lake is open!
9/08/20 was the last time Orchard Lake was stocked with Rainbow, Brown & Tiger Trout!
To follow PA State Guidelines we are placing cones 10 feet apart. One fisherman per every 10 feet. No shoulder to shoulder fishing permitted. A mask is required - no exceptions.
What you need to know:
- Orchard Lake will be open 8 am - 3 pm
- Spectator Fee $6.00.
- $9.99 per fisherman
- Catch and Release
- If you would like to keep any fish they will be $14.99 per fish.
- If you would like to keep any fish under 2 lbs $5.00
- Credit card payment is preferred.
- Must bring your own equipment. No equipment will be available for rent.
- Bait is available for purchase in our bait machine.
- Parking is not permitted at the pond.
- Must park and check-in at the PYO shed at the top of the hill on Linvill Rd.
- No food will be sold at Orchard Lake.
- No refunds, exchanges or transfers permitted. All sales are final.
What to know
Orchard Lake was constructed to provide irrigation water for some of the farm’s many crops. However, creating a fishing destination was an equally important priority. Trout fishing opened for the first time in 2004 and has been a popular activity ever since
Due to Covid we are only booking groups up to 15 guests.
We've witnessed excellent results with anglers landing many fish following these steps. Good luck!
- Fish on the bottom
- Use circle hooks (otherwise they swallow the hook every time)
- Rainy weather is actually the best weather for fishing — dress warmly!
Please Help Keep our Fish alive:
- · If you plan to catch and release please Handle with care!
- · Do not wipe the fish off – their slimy scales is what keeps them healthy
- · Remove hooks carefully
- · Return to the water as soon as possible.
- · The better you handle the fish, the better its chances for survival, and the better your chances of catching it again.
- · Help keep our pond clean and trash free.
- · Please use the trash receptacles provided.
Expert Fishing Derby Cancelled
All are welcome at our Expert Fishing Derby which boasts the biggest fish and the biggest prizes!
Family Fun Fishing Derby Cancelled
Our Family Fun Fishing Derby is for younger and novice anglers to experience the fun of our Fishing Derbies in a less competitive atmosphere.
Mother's Day Fishing
Celebrate Mother’s Day! Mothers fish for free with paid child’s admission!
Father's Day Fishing Event
We celebrate Father’s Day at Orchard Lake where fathers fish free (with paid child’s admission).