What to Know
Knowlton Swim Club and Hidden Hollow Swim Club are two clubs that are both quietly nestled in hollows on the farm. Every member may have access to all facilities and activities at both clubs. The swim club grounds have plenty of room for picnicking, sunbathing, and lounging in the shade. Cool off this summer and surround yourself with fun and friends in a beautiful summer setting.
Knowlton Swim Club features a 25-meter swimmers' pool, a toddlers' pool, an intermediate pool, diving boards, diving platform & slides. The facility includes a volleyball & basketball court, shuffleboard, tether ball, large picnic area and children's play areas.
In addition, there are lots of places to soak in the sun or relax in the shade. The Snack Bar has many choices for lunch, dinner & treats for kids of all ages.
HIDDEN HOLLOW FACILITIES
Hidden Hollow Swim Club boasts an impressive selection of pools including a 50-meter Olympic pool, a 25-yard by 25-meter lap pool and a cloverleaf of 3 children's pools: 1', 2' and 3' deep. Plus slides, diving boards & platforms, including 3-meter, 6.5 -meter and 10-meter platforms that's guaranteed to take your breath away.
The grounds have plenty of room for picnicking, sunbathing or lounging in the shade. Hike on the hiking trail, play in the children's play area or enjoy tennis, basketball, volleyball or wall ball on one of our many courts. Lunch and dinner are always available at our Snack Bar.
The Linvill family has operated swim clubs in Middletown Township for over 90 years.
In the 1920's Arthur Linvill hooked a scoop to a horse and dredged the pond at the bottom of the hollow that is now known as Knowlton Swim Club. The neighbors loved swimming in the swim hole. After a couple of years Arthur and his neighbors decided to all chip in so they could hire a life guard so it would be safer for the kids to be swimming. This was the beginning of collecting dues for the club. In 1928 Knowlton formed its board of directors and officially sold memberships.
In the early 1960's Knowlton Swim Club had a 3 year waiting list. Arthur and his two sons, Paul and Larry, worked with an architect and designed the award winning facilities of Hidden Hollow Swim Club. Hidden Hollow Swim Club opened in June of 1965.
Hidden Hollow won several awards for its amazing design.
The dive tower was designed to be sure to include women in competition.The 3-meter, 6.5 -meter and 10-meter platform tower is an awesome and unique structure. The 6.5 meter was designed at the 1965 women's diving competition height.
- In 1970 the heated lap pool was added to Hidden Hollow. (It is no longer a heated pool.)
- The lap pool is measured 25 meters by 25 yards so it may handle any competition.
- 1970 began the years of Knowlton's undefeated swim team with Mr. Jones as coach.
- 1971 Fred Phillips became manager at Hidden Hollow.
- In 1980, Knowlton's 25 meter steal pool was rusting through and leaking badly. Steve Linvill looked at the problem and came up with the solution of fiber glassing the entire pool. Knowlton was one of the first steal pools to revert to fiberglass.
- 2012 installed stainless gutters on the clover leaf at Hidden Hollow
- 2014 replaced the dives at Hidden Hollow.
- 2015 we installed stainless steal gutters on the 50 meter pool at Hidden Hollow.
- 2016 Fred Phillips retires as Hidden Hollow's Pool Manager.
- 2017 the dive towers at Knowlton were replaced.
- 2020 we installed stainless steal gutters on the 25 meter pool (lap pool) at Hidden Hollow.
Swim Club Hours 2022
EARLY SUMMER: May 28 - June 16
May 28 - June 12
Weekends & Memorial Day 11 am - 7 pm
Monday - Friday (after school) 4 pm - 7 pm
Monday, June 13 - Thursday, June 16 12 pm - 7 pm
June 4 & 5; 11 & 12 11 am - 7 pm
MID SUMMER: June 17 - July 28
Hidden Hollow & Knowlton
Monday - Friday 12 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday 11 am - 8:30 pm
4th of July 11 am - 6:30 pm
LATE SUMMER: July 29 - September 5
Hidden Hollow & Knowlton*
Sunday - Thursday 11 am - 7 pm
Friday & Saturday 11 am - 8 pm
Hidden Hollow will be closed August 29 thru September 1 and Knowlton will be open!
Both Clubs will be open Labor Day Weekend!
Either or both pools may close due to inclement weather. Below 68 degrees, thunderstorms, etc. Please visit our Swim Club Calendar before you visit to verify the clubs are open.
Mid Summer Hidden Hollow: Additional Lap Swimming: June 17 - July 28
Hidden Hollow Lap Pool will open at 11am for adult swimmers.
Long Course Lap Swimming: Tuesdays 10:45 am - 11:45 am (Members Only)
Hidden Hollow Swim Team
Lap Pool from 12:45 pm - 3:45 pm Monday to Friday, through July
And Long Course Tuesdays from 9:30 am - 10:45 am