SWIM CLUB HOURS
*GUEST POLICY UPDATE: Both KSC and HHSC will accept guests during normal operating hours. We reserve the right to limit the number of guests.*
Hidden Hollow & Knowlton
- June 27 – July 30
- Daily: 11 – 8:30 pm
- 4th of July: 11 – 6:30 pm
- July 31 – September 7
(Knowlton Closed August 31 – September 3rd- Hidden Hollow Open)
- Sunday – Thursday 11 – 7 pm
- Friday & Saturday 11 – 8 pm
(Upgrades to the lap pool were started last fall - the contractors did not work during the lock down. There will be a delay of the opening of the lap pool. Lap swimming will be available at Knowlton and long course.)
Visit Linvilla.com for updates or closings
COVID-19 Impact Statement
As we welcome our Members to the 2020 pool season, we recognize that it is not going to be the same as in years past. Management has set mandatory guidelines to ensure the safety of our members and staff.
This is a learning process for all of us. Our policies must remain fluid as we work to comply with guidelines and keep each other safe. We ask for your continued cooperation through these unprecedented times. We feel confident that we can provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our members.
- The interim grounds occupancy limit is set at 400 members for Hidden Hollow and 200 members for Knowlton Swim Club
Pool access will be on a first come first serve basis. (We have eliminated the pool closure between 2pm-3pm for disinfecting). When the pools reach capacity, members will have to wait for spots to open or return at another time. We expect our occupancy limits to accommodate the flow of membership between both pools on most days, but there is a small possible you may face a wait.
All members age 2 and older will be required to wear a mask to enter the facility. Masks will not be required in the pool while swimming or while social distancing. Dispose all masks and gloves in the proper receptacles.
We will limit the number of people permitted in the facility at any one time to allow for social distancing. Members will need to regulate themselves.
· Parents / Caregivers (not lifeguards) are responsible for ensuring children social distance during the time at the clubs; both in and out of the pool.
· Chairs will not be provided. Members will need to bring their own.
· Showers & Changing rooms will be closed.
· Guests will be permitted unless we are at capacity. We reserve the right to limit guests on any day.
We are requesting that you follow the CDC policy, and kindly ask if you are displaying symptoms of sickness (such as the common cold, any flu symptoms, or general symptoms of illness) to please stay home and wait until you are symptom-free before visiting both Hidden Hollow & Knowlton Swim Clubs.
What to know
Knowlton Swim Club and Hidden Hollow Swim Club are two clubs that are both quietly nestled in hollows on the farm. Every member may have access to all facilities and activities at both clubs. The swim club grounds have plenty of room for picnicking, sunbathing, and lounging in the shade. Cool off this summer and surround yourself with fun and friends in a beautiful summer setting.
2020 REVISED HOURS
June 20 - June 26
Knowlton Open 11 am - 8:30 pm
June 27 - July 30
Hidden Hollow & Knowlton
Daily 11 am - 8:30 pm
4th of July 11 am - 6:30 pm
July 31 - September 7
Hidden Hollow & Knowlton
Sunday - Thursday 11 am - 7 pm
Friday & Saturday 11 am - 8 pm
Knowlton Closed August 31 - September 3
Knowlton Swim Club features a 25-meter swimmers' pool, a toddlers' pool, an intermediate pool, diving boards, diving platform & slides. The facility includes a volleyball & basketball court, shuffleboard, tether ball, large picnic area and children's play areas.
In addition, there are lots of places to soak in the sun or relax in the shade. The Snack Bar has many choices for lunch, dinner & treats for kids of all ages.
HIDDEN HOLLOW FACILITIES
Hidden Hollow Swim Club boasts an impressive selection of pools including a 50-meter Olympic pool, a 25-meter lap pool and a cloverleaf of 3 children's pools: 1', 2' and 3' deep. Plus slides, diving boards & platforms, including 3-meter, 6.5 -meter and 10-meter platforms that's guaranteed to take your breath away.
(The 6.5 meter was built at the 1965 women's diving competition height. In 1965 women were not permitted to competitvely dive above 6.5 meter height. )
The grounds have plenty of room for picnicking, sunbathing or lounging in the shade. Hike on the hiking trail, play in the children's play area or enjoy tennis, basketball, volleyball or wall ball on one of our many courts. Lunch and dinner are always available at our Snack Bar.
The Linvill family has operated swim clubs in Middletown Township for over 90 years.
In the 1920's Arthur Linvill hooked a scoop to a horse and dredged the pond at the bottom of the hollow that is now known as Knowlton Swim Club. The neighbors loved swimming in the swim hole. After a couple of years Arthur and his neighbors decided to all chip in so they could hire a life guard so it would be safer for the kids to be swimming. This was the beginning of collecting dues for the club. In 1928 Knowlton formed its board of directors and officially sold memberships.
In the early 1960's Knowlton Swim Club had a 3 year waiting list. Arthur and his two sons, Paul and Larry, worked with an architect and designed the award winning facilities of Hidden Hollow Swim Club. Hidden Hollow Swim Club opened in June of 1965.
Hidden Hollow won several awards for its amazing design.
The dive tower was designed to be sure to include women in competition.The 3-meter, 6.5 -meter and 10-meter platform tower is an awesome and unique structure. The 6.5 meter was designed at the 1965 women's diving competition height. (In 1965 women were not permitted to dive above 6.5 meter height. )
- In 1970 the heated lap pool was added to Hidden Hollow. (It is no longer a heated pool.)
- The lap pool is measured 25 meters by 25 yards so it may handle any competition.
- 1970 began the years of Knowlton's undefeated swim team with Mr. Jones as coach.
- 1971 Fred Phillips became manager at Hidden Hollow.
- In 1980, Knowlton's 25 meter steal pool was rusting through and leaking badly. Steve Linvill looked at the problem and came up with the solution of fiber glassing the entire pool. Knowlton was one of the first steal pools to revert to fiberglass.
- 2012? installed stainless gutters on the clover leaf at Hidden Hollow
- 2014 replaced the dives at Hidden Hollow.
- 2015 we installed stainless steal gutters on the 50 meter pool.
- 2016 Fred Phillips retires as pool manager.
- 2017 the dive towers at Knowlton are replaced.
Membership & Guests
Swim Lessons & Diving Lessons
Knowlton Swim Team & Dive Team
Join Knowlton’s swim team and Dive Team!
Hidden Hollow Swim Team & Dive Team
Swim Club Rules
Swim Club Events
Splash Parties,4th of July celebrations, Swim-a-Thon, diving invitational. A summer of fun!