Peach season is upon us and our in-house chef is incorporating peaches as much as possible! This weekend for the Summer Harvest Festival our grill will be serving it with a grilled chicken sandwich, smoked bacon, and sharp cheddar, but this recipe doesn’t stop there. You can serve this Chutney over chicken, pork, or mild fish. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need…
2 lb peaches – any variety, diced in ½ inch pieces, unpeeled
1 small red onion, diced
½ poblano pepper, minced
½ c. apple cider vinegar
½ c. brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, diced (approx. 1 inch piece)
2 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
· In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil.
· Add peppers and onions, stirring occasionally until translucent.
· Add peaches and ginger to the pan, stir to incorporate. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until peached break down. If your peaches are under-ripe, 1 c. of water may be added while cooking. If they are over-ripe, the natural juiced will suffice.
· Add vinegar and brown sugar, stirring over low heat for 3 minutes. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
· Serve over chicken, pork, or mild white fish. Peppers can be omitted to eliminate heat, if desired.