Take a look:
Fishing Open Sat & Sun
CHECK IN AT CUT YOUR OWN TREES AT THE GARDEN CENTER.
What to know
Orchard Lake was constructed to provide irrigation water for some of the farm’s many crops. However, creating a fishing destination was an equally important priority. Trout fishing opened for the first time in 2004 and has been a popular activity ever since
Trout fishing continues until the water gets too warm in May when the action switches to Hybrid Striped Bass, Crappies, Bluegill and Catfish. Trout fishing resumes in the fall and continues through early November.
We have rods and bait available. Everyone is welcome — from experts to first-timers.
- No fishing license required
- $9.99 per fisherman ages 11 and older
- $6.99 per fisherman ages 10 and under
- $5.00 per spectator
- Fish all day; you can catch and release as long as the fish are okay
- Each fish you choose to keep is $4.99 per lb, except hybrid striped bass which are $7 per lb
- Bring your own rods or rod rentals are available for $3.99 per day
- We have plenty of bait for sale
- Parking at the pond in April & early-May. (Except during derbies)
- Fishing starts at the Pick Your Own shed from mid-May through early November.
We've witnessed excellent results with anglers landing many fish following these steps. Good luck!
- Fish on the bottom
- Use circle hooks (otherwise they swallow the hook every time)
- Rainy weather is actually the best weather for fishing — dress warmly!
Expert Fishing Derby
All are welcome at our Expert Fishing Derby which boasts the biggest fish and the biggest prizes!
Family Fun Fishing Derby
Our Family Fun Fishing Derby is for younger and novice anglers to experience the fun of our Fishing Derbies in a less competitive atmosphere.
Father's Day Fishing
We celebrate Father's Day at Orchard Lake where fathers fish free (with paid child's admission).
Father's Day Fishing
Celebrate Father's Day!
Father's fish free on June 17, 2018 with paid child's admission!
Orchard lake will be stocked for Father's Day Fishing!