KNOWLTON SWIM PROGRAM 2020
KNOWLTON MORNING SUMMER SWIM FUN 2020!
AVAILABLE FOR SWIM CLUB MEMBERS ONLY!
Join Knowlton Swim Team's coaches this summer for a morning of fun and swimming! Scheduled to begin July 6th - July 31st (with possible extension if interest remains)
Head Coach Kristen Abrams and her assistants are offering the following program in compliance with CDC guidelines for safety.
Coaches will design the programming uniquely to best suit the ages, group sizes, and skill levels of the groups. Programming will follow CDC guidelines and like most things, will be subject to change and adaptation as the regulations change. The program is being designed to facilitate small groups while maintaining appropriate social distancing.
Children will be separated in to small groups to work with coaches on programming specifically designed to best suit the ages, group sizes, and skill levels of the group. We will provide organized games and "team" building activities both in the pool and dry land! Activities will take place at various stations and will be designed to cultivate swim skills such as strokes, starts/ turns, endurance, team work and, of course, having fun!
Sample station schedule:
Station #1: Dry-land activities.
Station #2: Lap swimming in Lap Pool
Station #3: Circular swimming around the perimeter of the middle pool.
Time slots for ages will be as follows:
[Times and programming are subject to change based on registration interest.]
AGES 8 and under: 10:00 am - 10:45 am (8 and under must be able to swim on their own without direct assistance from coaches)
AGES 9 - 13: 9:15 am- 10:00 am
AGES 14 - 18: 8:15 am -9:15 am
- Maximum 30 swimmers/session = 10 per group
- We have the ability to accommodate up to 90 kids per day
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own equipment (goggles, caps, kick-boards)
- Groups will rotate to each station within the allocated time - movement will be supervised by coaches in order to make sure that CDC guidelines are followed.
- Your Swim Registration provides eleigibility for dive program! Please enter under notes you are interested in both swimming and diving!
SIGN UP FOR SWIM PROGRAM MAKES YOU ELIGIBLE FOR DIVE PROGRAM!
Meet our Knowlton Coaches
Swim Team Coaching Staff
Head Coach Kristin Abrams
Kristin Abrams comes to Linvilla with over 16 years of coaching experience. She has competitively swam at the collegiate level with Lock Haven University, and has experience coaching swimmers of all different skill levels. Her experience includes coaching age group, high school and post graduate level swimmers. She has taught swimming lessons for over 20 years, helping swimmers of all ages progress their swimming ability with each lesson. She believes that building a team dynamic that is both fun and competitive will allow all swimmers to achieve their goals both as a team and individually. She looks forward to working with the swimmers of the Knowlton Swim Club and cannot wait for the adventure, fun and winning to begin.
Coach Angela recently graduated from West Chester University with her Bachelor's of Science in Education. She is currently a high school Biology and Human Anatomy teacher! In the past, she competitively swam for over 10 years, coached several swim teams, and taught swim lessons to all ages. She has spent time this previous school year coaching the Sun Valley Swim Team. She now continues into the 2nd year as a Knowlton Swim Club Assistant Coach. When Coach Angela is not at KSC, she likes to visit Chester Creek Trail, watch Disney Movies, and go to the beach!
Lauren Adamek comes to Knowlton swim team with plenty of experience and enthusiasm. She was Head Swim Coach at Sun Valley High School for several years and has coached for Wilmington Country Club swim team. Lauren has worked with children of many ages in a multitude of learning and fun environments. She has also served as a soccer coach, a basketball coach, and an assistant volleyball coach. She is a certified teacher, and spends the school year teaching seventh grade life science at Odyssey Charter School in Wilmington. In her spare time, Lauren loves to travel, whether it be to Lancaster or the beach. She also tries to visit a new country every year. This year, she will be visiting Costa Rica!
Madison Dickert has been a part of Knowlton Swim Team for about 12 years. She swims for Knowlton and Suburban Sea Hawks and was a part of Penncrest Swim Team. Madison's main event is the 100 breaststroke and the 200 freestyle. Madison has been teaching swim lessons for the past four years. She just graduated from Penncrest High School and will continue her swimming and academic career at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh where Madison will be studying to be an athletic trainer or physical therapist. Madison has also played lacrosse for seven years and volleyball, and she really enjoys running. She works at Jumpers during the winter where she is a party host with kids under the age of 10. Madison cannot wait to embark on this new adventure as assistant swim coach and is very much looking forward to the upcoming year of traditions, spirit, and lots of fun!
Diving Team Coaching Staff
Head Coach Jim Rightly
With over 60 years of experience as a diver, coach, and producer of High Diving Shows, Coach Jim comes to Knowlton eager to coach youth and share his knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm for the sport. Most recently, Coach Jim has served as Head Diving Coach at Penncrest High School. He has also served as diving coach at various swim clubs in Delaware County. Jim still actively competes in Master Diving Events at various venues.
Emily Hannemann has been a member of the Knowlton Swim Team for 13 years and the Dive Team for 10. Emily was a member of the Penncrest High School Varsity Diving Team for all four years and served as Captain for two. She also participated in soccer, lacrosse, and track. In the fall, Emily will be attending University of Hartford where she will study International Relations. In her free time, Emily enjoys being outside, camping, and hiking. She is looking forward to coaching this season for the Knowlton Diving Team.
Kieran Clark is a rising senior at Penncrest High School. Although this is Kieran’s first year diving, he has competed in gymnastics for 10 years and helped out coaching at his gym, KMC Gymnastics. This year, he placed 11th at the State Diving Championships and is excited to begin his first year diving and coaching at Knowlton and Hidden Hollow.
Swim Championships 2018
Here's a Quick Fly-Over of the Swim Championships today at Knowlton Swim Club!7-28-18Congratulations Lansdowne Swim Club!www.take1creations.com
Posted by Tony Jochum on Saturday, July 28, 2018
Swim team Requirements
Must Be a Member of Knowlton Swim Club.
The child should be able to swim one length of the pool without stopping, freestyle and/or backstroke.
Must be between 4 and 18 years of age.
For 2021 season New members are welcome at pre-season practice sessions. See Practice Schedule.
One parent of each swim team member must also be a member of the club. Ensures swim league eligibility.
Registration closed for the 2020 Pool Season.
To order your team suits please follow the link here. Order your suits by
Team Spirit Gear
Team Spirit Gear can be ordered until . Click on the link to order your gear and support the team!
All swim team participants MUST sign a release waiver to swim at Springton Lake. Please download and bring it to the first practice.
Rose Tree Media School District Release Waiver
Springton Lake Middle School
1900 N. Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
JV & Varsity Swim Meet Schedule and Sign-ups
Knowlton Swim & Dive Teams compete in the Delco Swim League.
Swim Meet Registration and Volunteers
Meet Registration Instructions -
- To enter your swimmer in JV and Varsity meets this season, please use the forms linked below for each meet.
- Through the form you can let us know which of your swimmers will be able to attend a specific meet.
- You must let us know that your swimmer(s) will be attending each meet otherwise we will assume that they are unavailable and they will not be added to the meet.
- Make sure to complete a meet registration form for each of the meets that your swimmer plans to attend.
- For swimmers 13 and older, please do not register them for JV meets.
- For JV only swimmers (coaches will notify parents of JV only squad) please do not register your JV swimmer for varsity meets.
- If you have questions about meet registration please do not hesitate to contact our Knowlton Coach - KSCSwimCoach@linvilla.com
Diving Team Meet Schedule
Knowlton Swim & Dive Teams compete in the Delco Swim League.
Swim Meet Swim Club Addresses
Aldan Swim Club
- 308 North Elm Avenue Aldan, PA 19018 11.6 miles 24 minutes
Aquatic Swim Club (Intra County Swim League
- 925 Amosland Road Morton, PA 19070 6.9 miles 15 minutes
Aronimink Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Atlantic Coast Swim Team (Suburban Swim League)
- 1130 McDermott Drive West Chester, PA 19380 15.2 miles 25 minutes
Briarcliffe Swim Club
- North Bartram and West Oak Avenues Glenolden, PA 19036
8.8 miles, 23 minutes
Brookhaven Swim Club
- Chester Creek Road Brookhaven, PA 19015 1.8 miles 5 minutes
Broomall's Lake Country Club
- 501 West Third Street Media, PA 19063 3.4 miles 8 minutes
Clifton Heights Swim Club
- 600 East Broadway Avenue Clifton Heights, PA 19018
Conestoga Swim Club
- 501 Sproul Road Villanova, PA 19085
Creekside Swim Club
- Moore Road Wallingford, PA 19086
Drexel Swim Club (Intra- County Swim League)
- 510 Parkway Drive Broomall, PA 19008
Folcroft Swim Club (Intra- County Swim League)
- Ashland and Warwick Avenues Folcroft, PA 19032
Glenolden Swim Club
- 10 East South Avenue Glenolden, PA 19036 8.3 miles 18 minutes
Hidden Hollow Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- Linville and Spring Valley Roads Media, PA 19063 0.8 miles 3 minutes
Hiltop Swim Club
- 90 Hilltop Road Havertown, PA 19083
Karakung Swim Club
- 1800 Karakung Drive Havertown, PA 19083 13.3 miles 23 minutes
Lansdowne Swim Club
- Driveway on the northeast corner of the intersection of Burmont Road and Baltimore Pike
Lansdowne, PA 19050 8.8 miles 19 minutes
Lawrence Park Swim Club
- 293 Langford Road Broomall, PA 19008
Marple Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 102 Bonsall Avenue Broomall, PA 19008
Martins Dam Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 1045 Croton Road Wayne, PA 19087
Nassau Swim Club (Intra- County League)
- 25 South Swarthmore Avenue Ridley Park, PA 19078 6.4 miles 14 minutes
Pennypacker Country Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 120 Pennypacker Road Downingtown, PA 19335
Ply- Mar Swim Club
- 3032 Butler Pike Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Plymouth Meeting Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 1724 Gallagher Road Plymouth Meeting, PA 19426
Primos Secane Club (Intra- County League)
- 896 Bunting Lane Clifton Heights, PA 19018
Prospect Park (Intra- County League)
- 13th & Washington Avenues Prospect Park, PA 19076 7.6 mile 18 minutes
Riddlewood Swim Club
- 56 War Trophy Lane Media, PA 19063
Ridley Park Swim Club
- 610 Hancock Street Ridley Park, PA 19078 5.9 miles 14 minutes
Ridley Township Swim Club
- 2001 South Academy Avenue Folsom, PA 19033 6.9 miles 16 minutes
Rose Tree Woods Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 423 Candlewood Road Broomall, PA 19008
Rose Valley Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 1 Pool Lane Rose Valley, PA 19065
Springfield Swim Club
- 343 North Rolling Road Springfield, PA 19064
Springton Lake Middle School
- 1900 North Providence Road Media, PA 19063 6 miles 9 minutes
St. Albans Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 160 Brookside Road Newtown Square, PA 19073
Stony Lane Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 1805 Youngs Ford Road Merion Station, PA 19035
Swarthmore Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- 201 Riverview Road Swarthmore, PA 19081
Tinicum Swim Club (Intra- County League)
- 120 Chippewa Street Essington, PA 19029
Wallingford Swim Club (Suburban Swim League)
- Meadon & Providence Roads Wallingford, PA 19086